Hyaluronic acid is often considered the holy-grail of skin hydration in the skincare world and in lieu of Black Friday, I’ve teamed-up with ISDIN to introduce to you one of my favorite hyaluronic acid products – the Hyaluronic Concentrate.
So what is hyaluronic acid and what’s special about ISDIN’s Hyaluronic Concentrate?
Btw over the Black Friday sales you can get 20% off – plus an extra 5% off of any sale price using my code ISDIN5OFF.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is a humectant which means that it draws water from the deeper layer of your skin (your dermis) into the outer layer of your skin (your epidermis). It’s naturally present all over your body, but the majority is found in your skin.
In your epidermis, your skin cells contain natural moisturizing factors (NMFs) like hyaluronic acid, lactic acid, urea, and amino acids, which control how much water goes in and out of the cell.
If you’ve got plenty of water in your skin cells, they’ll be nice and plump which will increase your skin’s elasticity and keep it looking healthy and strong.
The majority of the hyaluronic acid in your skin is found in your dermis where it helps provide your skin with elasticity, keeps it looking plump, and enables it to bounce back after performing facial expressions or being poked and pulled.
Less HA = less volume = more noticeable fine lines and wrinkles.
Hyaluronic acid can bind up to 1000x its weight in water which makes it an excellent humectant.
As well as hydrating your skin, hyaluronic acid helps to:
- Increase skin elasticity (well-hydrated skin has more elasticity or ‘bounce’ which means that it returns to its shape when pulled or poked)
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles almost instantly thanks to its hydrating effect (dehydrated skin makes fine lines and wrinkles appear much worse)
- Heal wounds by reducing inflammation and bacteria growth
As you age, your body produces less hyaluronic acid which can reduce the volume of your dermis and your epidermal skin cells as well as reducing overall skin hydration. This can leave you with dry, cracked, and irritated skin that has less bounce as well as more visible fine lines and pores.
The ISDIN Hyaluronic Concentrate
ISDIN’s Hyaluronic Concentrate is a facial serum with a smooth water-gel texture that absorbs into skin quickly, and leaves a satin-smooth finish.
It contains low and medium molecular weight hyaluronic acid to provide both superficial and deep hydration which helps plump skin and lessens the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and pores.
Other notable ingredients include:
- BioMarine – an ingredient derived from the deep antarctic waters that helps hydrate and firm skin.
- Dual Peptides – a combination of two peptides (palmitoyl tripeptide-1, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) to promote collagen and elastin production.
- Lentil Extract – a plant extract that can help reduce the appearance of pores and smoothen skin.
For me, personally, the texture and smell of the serum plus the way it feels on my skin is what won me over. It feels silky-smooth and refreshing to apply and smells amazing – all while giving my skin an instant hydration boost.
In their own consumer testing surveys, after 28 days of twice-daily use:
- 90% of users reported that it smoothed fine lines and plumped skin
- 97% of users reported that it:Increased firmness and luminosityImmediately hydrated skin
- Absorbed quickly and left skin feeling fresh
The Hyaluronic Concentrate does contain fragrance, so if that’s something that your skin is sensitive to then this may not be the right product for you. However, I personally like fragrance in my skincare products as it feels more like I’m ‘pampering’ myself.
It usually costs around £35 for 30ml (1.0FL OZ) but over the Black Friday sales you can get 20-25% off – plus an extra 5% on top of any sale price if you use my code ISDIN5OFF.
Now has never been a better time to try it out!